Tuesday, December 1, 2009

the most wonderful time...

Happy December! Hurray for the most wonderful time of the year! We've already decorated for Christmas and just have to get our tree (we're going to chop one down this weekend). Our annual Christmas party is next Saturday and I've got a million lists going of when I need to make what. I just couldn't contain myself though after writing my last post and had to make cookies Sunday night. I think I found my favorite new Christmas cookie recipe...white chocolate candy cane cookies. My friend at work mentioned that they were his favorite cookie and since I had never heard of them and they sounded absolutely amazing, I promptly went to work searching for a recipe. I have a feeling I'll be making these a few more times this season...

White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips (about 1/2 a 12 oz. Bag)
1/2 cup candy cane, crushed (about 5)

Cream butter until light. Gradually add sugars, creaming well until blended. Beat in vanilla and egg.

Stir together flour, salt and soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending well.

Stir in chips and crushed candy canes.

Drop by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes until golden.

Remove to wire racks to cool.

original recipe found here

2 comments:

Hazel's mom said...

These sound yummy! I'll add them to my baking list. Thanks!

Hazel's mom said...

I did make these last night, and I love the flavor. Next time I'll find green and white candy canes. I can't believe you baked them for 12 minutes though - I overcooked two trays before getting it right. They still taste yummy, though.