Thursday, April 23, 2009

edamame dip

Ever have a week where you plan too much? I knew even as I talked to my mom Sunday night, that I would have a super busy week, but thinking I'm superwoman, I invited them for dinner tonight anyway. Fast forward to today, work was super busy (yay!) and I hadn't made it to the grocery store (since I had commitments the 3 previous nights) and it was 3 o'clock with no hope of me being able to sneak out a few minutes early to run to the grocery...so I sadly called my mom and cancelled. Of course she understood, but I was so looking forward to having them over and I was going to make them my lentil loaf and mashed pototoes and a strawberry rhubarb pie...instead this...this is all the energy I had left for today. Not too shabby either if I say so myself.

Edamame Dip
1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed and cooked
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chopped red onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained

Place all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve immediately, or cover and chill.

recipe adapted from cookinglight.com

No comments: