Sunday, December 20, 2009

nostalgic...


If only I could freeze time, to make this moment - currently the Sunday evening before Christmas - stand still for just a little while. Brad and I are snuggled up on the couch watching a movie, my favorite pine scented candle is lit and the Christmas tree is twinkling away in the next room. The anticipation of Christmas, spending time with family we haven't seen in 6 months, finishing up last minute shopping, wrapping gifts, making yet more cookies and treats to take to events, the gifts themselves...all these thoughts are on my mind and as much as I can't wait until Christmas, I want tonight to last forever.

I remember being a child and the week before Christmas felt like an eternity...I thought for sure I would die before it arrived. If only it still felt that way. This week will go far too fast for my liking, but luckily we have a few events to attend before our traditional family Christmas Eve obligations which will help break up the week and not let it slip by too fast!

This is my favorite go to treat to bring to such occasions, I'm not even going to pretend it is relatively good for you, but it's Christmas and isn't that why we (try to) eat so well the rest of the year? I've made this multiple times this season already as it is a total party pleaser, super easy and quick to throw together and you'll have everyone asking for the recipe.

White Chocolate covered Cheerio Chex Mix

4 C corn chex
4 C cheerios
2 C dry roasted peanuts
16 ounces m&ms
12 ounces pretzels
2 bags white chocolate chips
3 T oil

Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Microwave white chocolate chips with oil for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave in 10 second intervals until completely melted. Pour over dry ingredients and mix. Spread on wax paper covered pans and let cool.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the colors in this!

J, H, A, M and O said...

So true!!!
I just made this for Jeremy's office the other day....big hit!