Tuesday, May 19, 2009

thai curry veggies

I suppose the up side to getting my hours cut at work is the extra time I get to spend in the kitchen. I left work at 4pm today and was able to come home, spend some time outside with the dog and have dinner on the table by the time Brad arrived home from work at 5:30. It was great, I spent my lunch hour googling what to make for dinner and decided on this dish since I already had almost everything I needed. I arrived home, played outside with Woody and cut veggies while listening to a few of my current favorite tunes.



This recipe came together easily...I didn't have everything it called for instead subbing leftover edamame from last weeks leftovers for tofu and using green curry paste instead of red curry paste. This dish turned out absolutely delicious with minimal prep and has definitely earned its spot into my monthly rotation of dishes to make when there's nothing in the fridge.

Thai Curry Veggies
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion(s), red, sliced
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
2 tsp thai curry paste, green
14 fl oz light coconut milk, divided
2 small sweet red pepper(s), cut into 1/2-inch squares
1/2 pound(s) baby carrots
1/2 pound(s) shelled edamame
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup(s) water
1/4 cup(s) basil, leaves, sliced

In large, nonstick skillet heat olive oil. Cook onion and garlic until vegetables begin to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Mix curry paste with 2 tablespoons milk. Add paste mixture, remaining milk to skillet. Bring to a boil. Add peppers, carrots and edamame. Simmer until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.
With slotted spoon remove vegetables; keep warm.
Mix cornstarch with water. Add to sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Mix with vegetables and basil; serve over jasmine rice. Yields 3/4 cup per serving.

recipe adapted from weightwatchers.com

No comments: