Sunday, June 28, 2009

ain't life grand?


Oh my, we've been having the most fantastic summer so far, and it's only just begun. Every weekend is filled with family get-togethers or a wedding or a birthday or a graduation party or a shower...I'm sure you understand as it seems to be the case for everyone we know. But this is why I love summer.

This evening we had Brad's family over for his dad's birthday. Brad got to show off his grilling skills and made delicious orange barbecue marinated pork chops & potatoes, while I stayed busy inside making an edamame corn salad, hummus & crostini, and a coffee cocoa birthday cake (which I'll share with you later this week). We had a wonderful time relaxing and catching up with each other; the perfect way to end a weekend.

Edamame Corn Salad

4 1/2 C shelled edamame
3 1/2 C corn
1 C red onion, diced
salt & pepper to taste

Combine all, mix well and chill until serving.

recipe adapted from the july/august issue of Clean Eating magazine


Happy Birthday Dad, we love you!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I've only eaten edamame once, as an appetizer at a sushi restaurant. I really liked it, but have never cooked with it at home. I should make more of an effort, since it's so healthy!

I really like creative (ie, non-lettuce) salads for the summer time, and this looks really good!

Sarah @ the naughtytastebud said...

Thanks Amanda! Edamame is my new favorite ingredient to add to things! It is so delicious and easy to prepare! and I agree...I love fresh bean type salads in the summer!